ADMISSIONS POLICY FOR EDUCATION AND DAY CARE PLACES
(Children outside the catchment area are able to attend day care places only if space is available.)
Children are admitted to the nursery as follows:
- Children of parents resident in high rise flats in area – Mossdale, Leabank.
- Children of parents resident in low rise flats in the area.
- Children “in need” resident in low rise flats in the area
- Children “in need” resident in houses in the area.
- Children of parents resident in the area undertaking training.
Children may be admitted to the school’s 2-3s units if they are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits :
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Extra Working Tax Credit (at a higher rate than the family element)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Pension Credit
- Children for whom English is an additional language.
- Lone parents families
- Children experiencing family breakdown.
- SEN children.
- Children where several siblings are under 5.
- Children where one or both parents suffer ill health.
- Children where one or more members have disability.