Supporting Children’s learning at home
At Gill Blowers Nursery School we believe in working in partnership with parents/carers to develop the children’s skills.
We encourage parents/carers to support their child’s learning and development by:
- Giving all children the opportunity to choose and take a special ‘library’ book to share at home.
- Having special activity cards available in class for parents/carers to take home to complete as a family.
- Sending home maths and/or literacy packs for targeted children.
- Children with additional needs are given activities to do at home that are in relation to activities they are completing at nursery.
- Parents/carers have the opportunity to attend ‘WOW Wednesdays’ and Curriculum days where they can complete make an activity or take away ideas to do at home.
- During Parent Consultation meetings we also discuss next steps with parents and talk about how they can support and embed their child’s learning at home.