Dear Zoo Home Learning
Home Learning Tasks
After reading and watching the story, encourage your child to answer these questions:
What animal did the zoo send first?
What animal was very grumpy?
What animal was tall?
Can you slither like a snake?
What sound does elephant begin with?
What is your favourite animal?
What animal did the zoo send at the end of the story?
What animal would you like the zoo to send to you?
Can your child draw a picture of their favourite animal from the story. Could you make your own story using different animals? They might like you to help them to write the animal names. Perhaps they could have a go at writing the words themselves, you could write for them or how about making a video of your child writing about the different animals from the story. Perhaps you child could write a letter to the zoo to ask for their favourite animal. Send in your pictures and videos to [email protected] – we would love to see them and put some on the website for others to see.
Can you count how many elephants there are?
Can you count how many giraffes there are?
Can you count how many lions there are?
Can you count how many crocodiles there are?
Can you count how many flamingos there are?
Can you count the all the animals that have stripes?
What is the tallest animal?
Can you practice writing some numbers…… which numbers can you write?
What sound do these pictures begin with?
Can you also do the sign?
Can you write the letters?
More fun and practical activities to enjoy:
- Make a long/short snake. You could tread pasta or use playdough.
- Who can make the longest snake in your house?
- Can you write your own letter to the zoo.
- Can your draw a picture of your favourite animal?
- Can you make a cage using a big box and paper for the bars.
- Can you sort the animals by size from the smallest to the biggest-You could cut them out with help from an adult.