ADMISSIONS POLICY FOR EDUCATION AND DAY CARE PLACES
The information below is for parents/carers who would like their children to attend our school. If you would like further information, or to talk to a member of staff, please contact us. The full Admissions Policy can be accessed on the Policies Page.
- We aim to offer three intakes per year (September, January and after Easter).
- We offer funded and paid-for education spaces for children aged 2 to 4, with a small number of spaces for 5 year olds.
- Most of our children are aged 2 or 3 on entry.
- We normally offer 5 morning sessions (08:30-11:30) or 5 afternoon sessions (12:30-15:30) and ask parents where possible not to drop off their child after the session has begun, or collect their child before the end of their session.
- 30 hour children will normally be offered 10 sessions per week (two per day). Fee paying children (or part-funded, part-fee paying) can also access full days, subject to availability.
- The lunch hour (11:30-12:30) and wrap around provision (08:00-08:30/15:30-17:00 offered on Mossdale site only) is paid for and can only be accessed by children who attend education sessions.
|September intake||End of May|
|January intake||End of October|
|Summer term intake||End of February|
- All applications will be scored according to need, and the highest scoring will be given priority should there not be enough spaces for everyone.
- Questions on the registration form reflect the scoring system, so please fill in the form as thoroughly as possible – feel free to ask a member of staff for help.
- We reserve at least 12 spaces for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and parents of such children are asked to contact us as soon as possible to discuss specific needs.
- If we do not have enough spaces left to take children after Easter, they will be offered a space from the next September.